Thursday, January 7, 2010

Utah!

So we're wayyy overdue for updating the blog. We had an awesome and crazy busy December. I will have to post a little at a time. First off, we went to Utah for a week and visited Nate's family, who we hadn't seen in a year and a half. We had an amazing trip. I'll let the pictures do the talking.
Aunt Teresa watched the kiddos while Nate and I hit the slopes . . .

Nate catching some air!



What you can't see is that I had just ATTEMPTED a jump . . . I didnt' just randomly decide to fall like it looks.

Here we are taking a ride on the Heber Creeper. Caleb's first REAL train ride! And Santa even rode part of the way with us!








And here's Caleb enjoying some hot chocolate on the ride. If you look closely you'll notice his RED fingernails . . . We were all eating dinner at Aunt Teresa's when Caleb got up and went to the bathroom, shut and locked the door. Not usually a cause for concern. After about 10 minutes, Nate went to check on him. He was going potty and wasn't done yet, he said. So we left him alone. Then about 10 minutes later, I realized he STILL hadn't come out. So I went and knocked. Still not done he said. Well then I noticed some fumes coming from inside. I promptly used my ring to unlock the door and found him with the red fingernail polish in hand. He had painted his nails . . . and his fingers . . . and the cabinets . . . and the bath mat. AAHHHHHH!

We also went tubing at Soldier Hollow. I can't even begin to tell you how much FUN this was! Big LONG sledding hills with a lift back up to the top. We hooked our tubes together the first time down and Caleb was just laughing the whole way!


Cousin Dylan hitching a ride from his YOUNGER sister Allie!

Caleb and his Aunt Teresa riding up to the top.
Caleb and cousin Allie. Caleb had so much fun with her!
Here's a picture of Nate with his mom and siblings, all together for the first time in a LONG time.
And last but not least, a Christmas party at Nate's Dad's house. I don't know why I didn't get any better pictures, but you can at least see Uncle Matt being the Baby Whisperer in the back, and Dylan aiming his new marshmallow gun at some poor, unsuspecting person.
Sorry for the monster blog, but we had a lot to tell about! We also LOVED eating at Winger's and Cafe Rio while we were there, and I managed to miss getting pictures of visiting Nate's brother Brigham's family, and my best friend in the whole world Charity and her cute new baby. It was so good to see you all!!

1 comment:

SarahCarroll said...

Looks like yall had alot of fun! I love the train ride with Santa pictures! And the skiing & tubing loooks awesome too!