
My beautiful baby girl turned a very ugly blue this morning. It scared me to death. She has been a little sick for the last couple days, but not even a runny or stuffy nose. Just fussy, not eating well, and an on-and-off low-grade fever. This morning, Nate pointed out that her feet were purple. She felt cold so I wrapped her in a blanket and rocked her to sleep. Then I noticed her hands were purple even though she wasn't cold anymore. I unwrapped her feet and they were dark purple. And her lips and nose also turning to an ugly purple color. She was breathing and acting completely normal, just purple. I threw on some jeans, threw her in her car seat, and we headed out to the ER. Of course right as we were pulling into the parking lot, she turned back pink. So then I walked in with a smiling, talking, pink baby. Actually we called her pediatrician first who told us to go see the on call pediatrician, who refused to see her saying we need to take her to the ER. So we did. 4 hours later we had a diagnosis of a UTI, and it remains a mystery why she turned blue. Now I'm scared to take my eyes off her. Won't be much sleep happening tonight!


4 comments:
Oh that is so scary! I am glad she is doing okay! :)
I used to turn blue as a baby and it would scare my mom to death! The same thing would happen, she would take me in and by the time we got there I was no longer blue. They guessed it was poor circulation or mucus plugs. That would be so scary though!
What is a UTI. Is that uninary tract infection? How does that happen in babies? You are tough.I would be hysterical.
Wow! Thats scary stuff. And the worst is NOT knowing the cause. Very bizarre. Glad everyones okay.
Post a Comment