Have you ever left for what you planned on being a quick errand, and had it turn into a two-day search? I seem to have a talent for this. I asked Caleb if he wanted to get some Crocs (you know - the shoes) and showed him mine that I wear to work. He was all excited to get shoes like Mommy's. So we went to the mall to buy some at the little booth there that sells them. Well the little booth is now non-existent. So then we walked around the mall looking at random stores trying to find Crocs. Next we stopped by Academy Sports and found some, but of course they didn't have his size. Every other size, just not his. My sister was kind enough to look online and find out where else they are sold in Lubbock. She even called Gander Mountain for me to verify they have children's sizes. So the next day we were off for another "quick" errand to Gander Mountain. We found plenty of little girls' Crocs, but only about two pairs for boys, not his size of course. Well since we were close to the mall, I thought we would "quickly" run in and look at the Hallmark store, which my sister had also seen online. So in we went, and again, none for little boys. I was almost resolved to buy some fake ones, so we went next door to Payless and tried some on, but hated them. We made it out in decent time. Again on the way home I'm explaining to Caleb that I'm sorry I promised him some Crocs and we just can't find any to fit him. Halfway home I realize that Caleb walked into the mall carrying both his and his dad's sunglasses, but did not walk out with them. So we turned around and went back. We found the sunglasses, and then something possessed me to walk clear across the mall to Dillard's. I nearly cried when I saw the giant rack of kids Crocs there. Of course then I looked closer and they only had his size available in flourescent orange, flourescent green, or scooby-doo. We got the scooby-doo ones. I almost didn't want to pay the price for them, but I couldn't bear the thought of wasting two days looking for them and then not even buying any.
Caleb was so excited to have Crocs like Mommy's and kept saying that now he could go to work at the hospital like Mommy. So yesterday I was getting ready for work at 6am, and heard little footsteps running down the hall. There is Caleb in his night-time diaper, pajama pants, no shirt, and crocs. He is coming to work with me he says. I say I'm sorry you can't come to work with me. "But I got my Crocs on Mommy!" Luckily he was satisfied to have Daddy bring him to the hospital in his Crocs to eat lunch with me later that day.
11 years ago


1 comment:
Can I have Caleb? He is so cute!
Let me know his size and I will get him a better pair next time I get them for my kids. Lauren is in need of a new pair anyway. They sell them at a kid's shoe store here in town and they have a good variety.
Last time I bought Crocs I spent $80. It hurt to pay that much but the kids wear them daily and they don't stink! Ever!
If you want I can get some and bring them to Abilene this weekend...?
Post a Comment