Friday, February 6, 2009

Abilene Zoo

Caleb and I went to Abilene last week to visit Aunt Melissa and her family. Caleb had sooo much fun playing with Kade. Unfortunately I used up my camera battery at the zoo, so I don't have any other pictures. The zoo was tons of fun though. They have a bridge going over the giraffes, so you can get eye-level with them and feed them crackers through the fence. So much fun!! Look at their long tongues!


Caleb also loved the zebras, lions, monkeys, and ducks (but nothing could top the giraffes!).


This zoo also has some random wildlife roaming free throughout the park. Here's Caleb approaching a peacock.


And for the grand finale, there were also these wierd looking bird/turkey things roaming around. They were great entertainment . . . Caleb chased them for about 1o minutes until they finally found refuge in the duck pond. Poor birds . . .

1 comment:

Steph said...

Wierd looking turkey things are guinea hens. http://www.guineafowl.com/fritsfarm/guineas/DonatedPhotos/
Glad you had fun!