Saturday, August 15, 2009

Naughty Chip

I need help. Caleb absolutely cannot go to sleep lately. He will lay in bed for hours talking. Who is he talking to you may ask? His "friend" Chip. The other night, he was trying really hard to be quiet and go to sleep. About an hour and a half after we put him down, he just started crying a genuine, frustrated cry. I asked him what was wrong and he said his friend keeps waking him up. Last night I told him not to talk to his friend and maybe his friend would stop talking to him, but he says that doesn't work. Chip just keeps talking. Meanwhile my child is very sleep deprived. His imagination is just going wild lately, which I love to see during the day, but how do I calm it down at night? Shall I put Chip in time-out?

Oh and by the way, yes I am STILL pregnant and I wish I wasn't. Therefore I am very cranky and very sleep-deprived. I swear this baby is ready to come, she's just being stubborn. At my doctor's appointment on Tuesday I was dilated to 2 cm already (from 0 the week before), so that is exciting, but also making me even more impatient. Anyway, so there's the update.

4 comments:

Steph said...

Too bad you can't spank Chip! I am getting my bags packed tomorrow!

Jenae said...

Have you tried making chip a bed and putting him to bed too? Of course I have heard that this would make the "friend" thing worse?

Liesl Martin said...

I love that Caleb has a naughty friend name Chip! That's hilarious. Good luck with the baby!I was just thinking that this is when I was due last year and I hated waiting and waiting until she was born. I'll be thinking of you!

SarahCarroll said...

Too funny!

When is little Ashlyn going to arrive already?! My goodness I cant wait to see her! :)