11 years ago
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
Blow-out
Last Tuesday Caleb and I were driving to Midland for Lauren's birthday party. It was sprinkling rain and there was a fresh layer of very loose gravel on the interstate. Anyway, I went to make a very calm, careful lane-change, and before I knew it, we were spinning down the road at 70 mph. We then went across the median and finally came to a stop half-way onto the opposite side of the highway. My entire focus was to get us out of the oncoming traffic before we got hit, which meant figuring out that the engine had died, putting the car into park, restarting the engine, back into drive, and pulling back into the muddy median. Once in the median, besides hyperventilating and crying at the same time, I also promptly got stuck in the mud. Upon further inspection, we found that the front tire had blown out, and the spinning had knocked both the front and back tires on that side of the car off the rims, which were all bent up. Well the point is, it was very scary, and having both a baby in my belly and my son in the back seat made it ten times scarier. We all turned out okay (except the car . . .) and feel sooo blessed that there were no cars or other objects in our pathway to collide with. Caleb now compares me to Lightning McQueen (remember his blow-out and spin off the road?) and also frequently asks me when we're driving, "Mommy, are you being really careful so you don't pop the tire and make us spin?" Again, so grateful to have my two kiddos still safe and healthy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Again, so happy you are safe! Why did you pop the tires, Mommy? You should be more careful next time. Ha!
I'm so glad you guys are all safe! I totally would have crapped my pants. I would have bawled as well. That's so scary! Sorry about the car, but at least you are all okay. Stay safe!!
Oh my gosh!!! How scary!!! I am so glad that you all are okay!
Again, thank goodness no one was coming towards yall. :) Thats some scary stuff.... so thankful you guys made it out safe.
lol...I just thought about Nate saying "its alright buddy, whats wrong?!"...
Post a Comment