Thursday, July 30, 2009

Baby Stuff and More

A couple of weeks ago, I got stuck in a rut. I know it was mostly pregnancy hormones, but I was feeling depressed and sorry for myself, tired of being pregnant and hurting and being tired, etc etc boo hoo. Anyway, about 10 things happened in the following week, some big, some small, to make me realize just how good I have it. It was so humbling to see all these other people having problems so much bigger than my own, and then to see how they handled their problems with such faith and optimism. Well anyways, it's sad to say that's what it took to break me out of my little phase, but I just wanted to say how very grateful I am for soooo many things. For this healthy pregnancy and beautiful baby, for my wonderful husband, my awesome sister-in-law, my healthy and happy son, Nate's job, I could keep going for a while . . .
Here's some pictures of Ashlyn's cute room (thank you Melissa for kicking my butt and making me get it done . . . or actually for doing most of it for me!) and also some pics of my belly that I thought were pretty cute (the feet one is copy-catted from Sarah - hope you don't mind!).





6 comments:

ashley said...

so so so cute!!! you have been busy! her room looks darling! love the belly pics too - and Caleb's face :)

Glad you are feeling better...

Veronica Ernest said...

So cute! I love the belly pictures.

Steph said...

Your feet look so far away and so little! Ha ha! I like that picture. I vowed that I would never complain when I was trying to get pregnant with Colbie...you saw how long that lasted. Well, I was incubating a baby and a tumor. Ha! Just having a baby invade your body is enough to get you down once in a while. You are allowed to get the blues. Just grab a Vanilla Coke and call it good! Wish I could come see you! I have two pink baskets with lady bugs and your name on them that are going to look so cute on your changing table! Don't buy any baskets because I am bringing mine when I come see you! I see the perfect empty spot...

SarahCarroll said...

I love the post. :) Sorry you were down... it happens to the best of us.
It will all be worth it when Ashlyn is in your arms. Thats what I had to keep reminding myself with Aiden... he was my toughest pregnancy hands down. lol And I LOVE the room... all in place! And I love those wall hangings! Very cute...

SarahCarroll said...

Oh yes... and the belly picture is cute! And heck no I dont mind.... You COPYCAT! just kidding. lol

Liesl Martin said...

Another way cute room!