Nate on the beach (A 2-minute walk from our room)
Tiffani on the beach showing off that baby-bump!
My new boyfriend. Our resort had statues, fountains, original artwork, beautiful gardens, etc. allll over the place. I wish I had gotten more pictures!
Relaxing with a virgin strawberry daquiri (complimentary of course from the pool-side bar)
Here's a picture of me eating breakfast. They had an amazing buffet for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, plus a grill with hamburgers, hotdogs, fruit, salad, snacks, etc. open all day. The buffet had anything you could want, including a couple different grills where you could order on-demand steaks, pastas, omelets, etc etc. I ate watermelon with every single meal while we were there. They also had four different restaurants (Brazilian, French, Carribean, and Japanese) that you could make reservations at (still free though). We tried the Brazilian and French ones. We enjoyed them both, but decided we're not really the fancy type of people. I had a little bit of a meltdown when I ordered a soup off the French menu. The only word I understood in the description was "broth." You can't go wrong with broth I thought, so I ordered it. It arrived with a couple shrimps (tails attached), a couple mussels (in their shells), and a GIANT shrimp with tail, legs, and EYEBALLS still dangling off of it!! AHHHH! Did you know a shrimp's eyeballs actually dangle off of it's head? Oh, and it still had it's little tentacle/wisker thingies hanging off it's head, which happened to be about five inches long. And all those little legs. EWWWW. Anyway, I had to have the waiter take it away. Nate was brave enough to try a couple bites and said it wasn't bad. I don't think I'll be able to eat shrimp again for a while . . .
Tiff on the beach.
Ocean kayaking!
Sunset strolls.
Jetskiing! Nate is crazy! I spent half the time alternating between yelling "You better not throw me off!" and "Your gonna make this baby pop out!" Tons of fun though.
Relaxing in the giant pool with a virgin pina colada.
Virgin miami vices from the swim-up bar.
And last but not least, parasailing!!
It was super windy that day, so we got quite the ride! As they were reeling us back in, we actually hit the ocean for a couple seconds. I'm pretty sure it was an accident but Nate says they did it on purpose. It was so windy that day I don't think they were taking any risks on purpose. Anyway, it was an exciting and fun ride and we were up high enough to see Cozumel across the way. And of course a beautiful aerial view of the Riviera Maya. Not quite as relaxing as our calm parasailing experience in Hawaii though . . .
Nate also went snorkeling pretty much everyday while I relaxed on the beach. We had great snorkeling right there off our beach. I went with him one day and we saw tons of colorful fish, a sting ray, a clan of squids, and lots of cool coral.
We also got a couples massage at their spa. A sports massage for Nate and a prenatal massage for me, complete with aromatherapy. MAN, those Mexican ladies know how to give a massage! The best massage of my life by a mile.
Well, there you have it! Are you jealous? :-)


7 comments:
So jealous Tiffani!!! Congratulations to Nate on taking the bar, I'm sure he did great. We miss you guys. Keep us posted on where Nate goes for work. Oh, and are you sure those drinks were virgin ;)? Afterall, you were out of the country =).
YES!!!!
Your vacation looks like paradise! I want to go on one of those. I will have to get some details from you later.
By the way, your baby is looking so adorable! She doesn't look like an alien anymore.
Can't wait to see you again!
Yes, I am very jealous!
What a fun trip! It looks beautiful there! A well deserved break for you two :) P.S.-you don't even look pregnant still...so tiny!
okay, Kind a jealous!
Is so nice to see your pics!!!
Very, very awesome.... I bet you wish you were still there.
And I am jealous.... however, I would have looked like a beached whale out there! haha!
The trip looks like it was a wonderful gettaway & the pictures are great! And I love the sunbathing baby bump & you!
Post a Comment