So I guess I'm gonna give this blogging thing a second try. Here goes . . .
Our newest news is that Caleb is potty trained!! Yeayyyy! I'm so proud of him. I dreaded the process for so long that when we actually did it, I was very pleasantly surprised. He only had occasional accidents for about a week, and hasn't had any since then (about three weeks now!). We only had one really bad day, and the rest were pretty good. Such a good boy! I do have some funny things to say about it too, though. He had a blue and green step stool, but I decided we needed another one for the other bathroom. So he was with me when I went to buy one, and absolutely insisted that we get the pink one! I even offered to buy the more expensive red one with his favorite cartoon character (Dora) on it. He would have none of it! I told him pink is for girls and Daddy was not going to be happy with us for getting a pink one. He still insisted. I'd like to think he wanted to benefit breast cancer research, as the pink one pledged to donate part of the proceeds to it. He's not girly, he's just generous! So here's a picture of him washing his hands on the pink stool.
One of the best tricks I tried was letting him throw a cheerio in the potty, and then aiming for it when he pees. Funny I know, but it works! Somehow he came up with the idea that all people present must wave bye-bye to the cheerio as he flushes it down. It's become a ritual now. If not followed, a tantrum will ensue! So there we are waving bye-bye. . .


4 comments:
I am so happy potty training went well for you (grumble grumble). I was really counting on it being hard!!! Zachary took FOREVER and I thought it was because he is a boy. Now I know it is just because he is so darn stubborn! I can't wait to wave bye-bye to the cheerios! See you soon!
Love,
Steph
So, which glasses did you get?
Yay! What a BIG boy! Caleb is getting way too big! And I LOVE the pink stool... Dylan also went thru a PiNK phase. haha! And you really shouldnt have take the glasses post off.... I loved it!! :(
You are so lucky that went well. Congrats! Hey I was going to tell you which glasses I liked, but the pics are gone. Did you pick one?
Post a Comment