Thursday, May 29, 2008

Caleb's First Fish!

Well, May has been a very busy month, and Caleb and I have actually been out of town more than in town. I have several pictures to put up from our trips, but wanted to get this one up first. In order to keep in line with tradition, Grandpa Christensen took us fishing while we were in Utah. Since it was still a little cold, we just went for a few hours at a nice little pond in Lehi. Grandma and Grandpa bought Caleb a fishing pole, and sure enough, he caught his first fish! Daddy reeled it in most of the way, but when it got close enough to see, he handed the pole over to Caleb. Caleb reeled it in a little more, and as soon as that poor fish started flopping around in the shallow water, Caleb decided the best action to take would be to beat the fish into submission. I felt bad for the fish but it was soooo funny! Caleb kept whacking it over and over again with the pole and refused to finish reeling it in. Well we finally got it into the net and here's a picture of Caleb with his first fish ever! He also like poking it with his finger and watching it flop around in the net. We threw it back, but I don't think the poor thing survived. . .
I'm sure this is just the start of many fishing trips to come with Grandpa and Grandma Christensen.

1 comment:

Steph said...

Eating it would probably have been more humane...That's funny!