Monday, November 24, 2008

Vacuums

Have I mentioned that Caleb's obsessed with vacuums? I kept thinking it was just a phase he would grow out of, but no, he's definitely obsessed. He asks to go to the store and look at vacuums almost on a daily basis. His favorite store is not Toys 'R' Us, but Sears, otherwise referred to as "The Vacuum Store." We were ready to leave Target once, but he wanted to stay and walk around. So I decided to stay and let him lead the way for once. He found the vacuums within a couple minutes, and stayed there for about 25 minutes, just staring and admiring. I kept trying to get him to go to the toy section, but no. He would have stayed at the vacuums longer, but I was so bored out of my mind that I finally dragged him away. He also asks to look at vacuums on the computer all the time. Well one day I got tired of looking them up for him, so I printed out a bunch of pictures off the web. They now hang above his bed so he can look at them as he goes to sleep! Crazy kid!
We got him his own little Dirt Devil for his birthday, and he LOVES it. He took it to bed with him every night for a while.

And just the other day, the real vacuum was out, and so he had to take that to his nap with him. Like I said, he's obsessed!

3 comments:

SarahCarroll said...

Wow! What a crazy little guy! Too funny! Its so surprising sometimes what they fall in love with.... maybe when he's old enough he'll still have the same love for it & can actually put it to use vacuuming the floors! haha!

Steph said...

I hope it lasts...

Silvia said...

That's funny and sweet. He is going to be really clean...